Pages

4 October 2012

My Whimsical Creations!!

I can't believe it's been nearly two months since I last updated my blog!!  I've been so mega busy it's untrue............where does the time go (if anyone does find it, please return it to me)?  Good to be back in blogland though, so onwards and upwards!
My crafty offering for today is two pictures that I made to hang up in our hallway downstairs!!  Most of my cards get posted out to relatives & friends or get sold.  So I thought that I would like to create a few things to actually "keep" instead of give away!
The first one is A4 in size and backed with plain white cardstock.
Matted onto that are two different patterned cardstock from my 12x12 DCWV stash!  The backing paper at the front is from one of my First Edition 6x6 pads, they have all been distressed around the edges and stitched (I'm really into stitching at the moment)!!  The lace started it's life white, but I just coloured it with my promarkers to match the scheme.  Also coloured with my promarkers is the cute little image called "Lets Make A Picnic" from The Paper Shelter.  As always, some lovely embellishments always finish a project off nicely.......... I chose paper flowers from WOC and some butterfly die cuts from my new stash of Cheery Lynne Dies ( I love those dies, they're amazing).  These were all inked lightly with my distress inks, then some sticky gems added as little butterfly trails!!
My second picture is also backed onto white A4 cardstock and the backing papers and card are once again from the same 12x12 DCWV pad, which have been distressed and stitched around the edges!
The digi stamp is again from The Paper Shelter and she is called The Sweet Gardener, coloured as per usual with my promarkers!  The scalloped circle was cut with my Cricut machine then inked.  More paper flowers, sticky gems, butterfly and flourish Cheery Lynne die cuts and a spider web bow to finish off!! :-)  All I need to do now is find some frames for them and get the husband to hang them up!

1 comment: