Pages

26 May 2015

Let The Challenges Commence

Getting back into the swing of blogging, I was well and truly ready for my first challenge.  Loving all things alternative (ok and some cute too) I came across the challenge blogs for Left Of Center and Dream In Darkness..........which is right up my street.  The theme for L O C this week is "Black and White With One Colour" and D I D is "Anything Goes".
Also being a promarker girl, I see that this weeks theme on Passion For Promarkers is "Come Fly With Me" which just so happens to suit my chosen image perfectly.  What more can a girl ask?
So without further ado I shall reveal my card..................
As ever, my favourite style card to work with is square, this one is 8 x 8.  I've applied some simple matting and layering in the chosen colour scheme and embellished the card with ribbons, feathers, sticky pearls and paper flowers.
The image I've chosen is "Zelda the Zombie Fairy" from "The Goblyn Workshop".  Promarkers used were Black, Cool Grey 5,4 & 3, True Blue, Azure and Flexmarkers Egyptian Blue and Antique White.
I always like to decorate the inside of my cards too, and this one was no exception.  I used the same dotty card as on the front then die cut a few spider webs and a nestie, ready for someone to write their own greeting.
As with most of my cards now I tend not to put a sentiment on them.  I usually squirrel them away until the right occasion presents itself and then I apply the sentiment to the front.  You can see I've left plenty of space in the bottom left corner for this.
Well I hope you've enjoyed looking just as much as I enjoyed crafting...........see you soon xx

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful card and I love the image too! Perfectly embellished and decorated inside too, wow. I'm so glad you joined us at LOC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful image! Thanks for playing with us at Dream in Darkness this month! ~Nan, CT~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love her wicked expression! Wicked fun image and love the bright blue! Thanks so much for playing at Dream in Darkness! CT kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome colourcombo and fab embellishments, love how you've done the inside of the card. Thank you for joining Left of Center 79 challenge, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby different card with a different image. Love the colour combo youu have chosen. Thanks for joining us over at PFP this week and our flying challenge.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That blue is so fabulously striking against the black. Awesome! Thank you for joining our very 1st challenge at Dream in Darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Debs. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooh I love the blues!! Thank you for playing along with us over on the PFP challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete